What is Technical SEO? WooCommerce Technical SEO consists of any sufficiently technical action undertaken with the intent to improve search results for WooCommerce.
Alexis Sanders, Technical SEO manager @ Merkle, gives a more specific definition: “Technical SEO covers the crawl, index, and render portion of the “crawl, index, rank” model. At a high level, you need to learn how to answer these questions:
- Can search engine bots crawl/find your WooCommerce Category, Tag or Product page? (includes topics such as status codes, sitemaps, information architecture, robots.txt, facets)
- Can search engine bots index your WooCommerce products? (includes: meta robots)
- Can bots understand content on your Product page? (includes: structured data (Schema.org, HTML), accessibility)
- Are you sending search engines the proper signals for dealing with ranking content? (e.g., canonical tags, dealing with pagination)
- Is this page worthy of ranking? (includes: content relevance, authority, HTTP, UX, mobile-friendly, site latency)”
How Vilna Gaon can help with WooCommerce Technical SEO?
By running a quick site Audit, we are able to identify the topics to address. The big technical SEO topics are:
- Structured data
- Page speed
- Content optimization
- Status codes
- Site structure
Quite a lot, isn’t it? When I learned SEO, Google was much simpler. If you enter Search Engine Optimization nowadays, you surely feel overwhelmed.
Check this SEMrush article: to help you navigate the deep sea that is WooCommerce technical SEO.